Group 18 – Exploring the Phylogenetic Roots of Lethal Violence in Humans

References:

1. Jose-Maria Gomez, Miguel Verdu, Adela Gonzalez-Megias, Marcos Mendez. 2016. The phylogenetic roots of human lethal violence. Nature 538: 233-237 doi:10.1038/nature19758
  2. Raymond C. Kelly. 2005. The evolution of lethal intergroup violence. PNAS volume 102 issue 43: 15294-15298.
  3. Jung Choi. What is evolution? http://bio1510.biology.gatech.edu/module-1-evolution/what-is-life/
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to Group 18 – Exploring the Phylogenetic Roots of Lethal Violence in Humans

1. McGlothin Molly says:

The video was engaging along with the material. In addition, adding the footage of campus scenes kept my attention. The audio did force me to listen closer to hear.

2. Trout Robert says:

I loved seeing everyone in the group in the video! It shows great cooperation. The way you guys presented the information was great for the topic too.

3. Leal Antonio says:

The music was very well chosen and the images used complemented the the script very well. Using campus life to portray humans as the object of the study was very creative. The sound quality along with the images made the video easy to understand.

4. Kayastha Ayush says:

I liked that the video presented information over actual footage of the group doing work and doing things that visualized the information. The use of actual footage of humans going about in their daily life was clever since this video was meant to talk about the violence in humans. The music in the background kept everything nice and upbeat even though the topic was over violence.

5. Bonitatibus Rachael says:

Wow the acting in this video is fantastic! This group did a great job in presenting the information in an engaging and new way. You can tell you all spent a great amount of time on this project. Amazing job!

6. Marcos Schwaycer says:

I loved that I could relate to this video because of the recordings of Tech’s campus. Overall it was very good. Great use of visuals and language.

7. Stawara Lilla says:

I loved this video! The videos of the students on tech green were super unique and fit in perfectly with your topic. You explained it well and in a very creative way. The video was very interesting!

8. Muthuchamy Tarun says:

Loved the video! It was a great mixture of humor and explaining your topic. I liked that y’all did a live-action video and I think I learned a lot from watching your video. Although at some times it was hard to hear you speak, I still think y’all did an amazing job!

9. Forsmo James says:

The music is a bit too loud and distracting at the beginning, which makes it hard to understand what the speaker is saying. There are parts where I cannot hear the speaker at all. The camerawork, where you’re recording students on Tech Green, is quite interesting and helps with the presentation. The use of drawn graphs was also compelling.

10. Patel Parth says:

I liked this video but I found the beginning of the video to be a little too formal and excessive. I found the video as a whole clear and understandable. You guys took a confusing concept and made it easy to follow. The audio and video were both clear. Great job.

11. Sommer Elias says:

I really liked the scenes in the video. I found them very engaging and funny. I also appreciated the happy music and calm tone in narrating a study about lethal violence.

12. Jenkins Alexandria says:

This video was very interesting. I enjoyed the acting in the video and the speaker was very clear and understandable throughout the video. I loved all of the shots of campus as well. The video did a great job of simplifying a very complex topic. Great job!

13. Irondi Ogechi says:

I appreciate and enjoy the unorthodox approach in presenting their information. The music was a plus. It was a bit difficult hearing some of the voices, however the video still deserves a gold star. Good job.

14. Voravong Katlyn says:

I really enjoyed the little skits. It was smart to use actual people instead of an animation. The pace of the video was very good too.

15. Ortega Michelle says:

I wish you guys would have used video clips in the beginning and end of the videos that really depicted what you were speaking about (not that our campus isn’t beautiful), but I just didn’t think they were entirely relevant. I did think that the skits in between though really allowed the audience to make the connections between the experiment and reality. Music was a little louder than the speaker, but overall it was an entertaining and educational video!

16. Turner Emma says:

The way you used Tech’s campus as your set was creative and kept my attention! The information covered and how you covered it was informative and easy to follow, however the audio was a little quiet.

17. Phillips Matthew says:

I enjoyed seeing your group perform during the video ,and I enjoyed seeing the topic displayed at Tech. I thought your information was very good ,and I thought your group very hard on the video. The audio volume was different at times ,but that was just a minor error. Overall, a job well done.

18. Grant says:

You included lots of great information and the topic was explained well. I also enjoyed the acting, it made the video entertaining to watch. Nice video. Awesome job.

19. Brockman Christine says:

Very interesting video! I liked the different approach that was taken to the visuals in your video. In one of the scenes, it was hard to see what was being written on the board due to distance from the camera. Overall, great job!

20. Kenya Jones says:

I really enjoyed this video. The humor that was incorporated into it was very entertaining and engaged me, and the information was very informative and clear to follow.

21. Vagott Jacob says:

As the only video I have watched that had humor in it, it was definitely more entertaining to watch. Good job conveying the topic in an engaging way!

22. Popovici David says:

Really good skits. This video was the most unique. I also enjoyed the music. 🙂

23. Bondarev Dmitry says:

The acting is great, yet some of the visuals do not reflect the content of the video.