Group 7: Analysis of “Species as Stressors: Heterospecific Interactions and the Cellular Stress Response under Global Change”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Group 7: Analysis of “Species as Stressors: Heterospecific Interactions and the Cellular Stress Response under Global Change”

1. Anaqa says:

Great usage of visuals to express the results of the experiment, especially with the graphs drawn out. The information also flowed nicely along with the visuals.

2. Mark says:

I liked how they showed the visuals. It kept the video engaging.

3. Carlos says:

The drawing time-lapse concept is very effective and makes for a captivating video. The voice-over was succinct and effectively conveyed your intended message. A bit fast at times though. Oh also I really liked some of the video transitions and effects. The watermark was distracting but we’re all college students and I wouldn’t pay for a software that I’ll most likely never use again either. For future reference GT has video editing resources that students can use for free.

4. Cassidy-Arielle says:

I enjoyed the crab images especially, and overall the video made the concepts actually fun to watch as against reading the studies which can often be boring especially if reading and analysing more than 1 in a day.

5. Cayla Marie says:

It seems that you chose wisely which sections to spend more time on with audio/visual and which to pass through quickly. I thought the pace of the video was perfect for understanding all of the information. I felt that your script conveyed all of the information directly, yet the video was still engaging.

6. Christin says:

Nice video; moves a bit fast, though. I like how the two species of crabs were constantly kept in different colors; that really helped.

7. William says:

The visuals are very well drawn and interesting to see. The bar across the middle can be a little distracting at times, but overall the information is presented in a fashion that is easy to comprehend. The different colors of the crabs are very helpful and the fact that they stay consistent makes it easier to follow the changes in scenes.

8. Luis says:

The drawings and the voice-over were very well coordinated!

9. Christopher says:

I like the comparison of the cellular response to what we know on the macro level.

10. Ana says:

I really enjoyed the drawings – helped me understand what was going on. I can tell you guys spent a lot of time figuring out the best illustrations as well as the best transition from one image to another.

11. Gilberto says:

The video’s pace was a bit too high at the start, making it difficult to understand. The illustrations were good, but the recording was really shaky, and sometimes left part of the illustrations out of the frame. Having different narrators was positive for the video

12. Andrew says:

I enjoyed the marker aesthetic in the drawings and found it easy to follow along with the dialogue. Good job!

13. Ria says:

The drawings were a bit messy in places but it was very well explained.

14. Isabelle says:

The drawings were cute but a bit messy. Also the tone used in the video could have been improved.