Group 11 – A Study on Antibiotic Resistance

This is a video discussing a study on antibiotic resistance done by a group of Chinese scientists who studied antibiotic resistant genes (ARGs) along China’s coast. But that’s kind of dry, so let’s talk about man-eating tigers instead.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Group 11 – A Study on Antibiotic Resistance

1. Benjamin says:

Related study to the modules well

2. Karen says:

This video does an excellent job of being entertaining with a metaphor that is used throughout.

3. Sarah says:

Enjoyed the example provided in the video to thoroughly explain biology terminology. Good job!

4. Elizabeth says:

Great job incorporating overall biological significance, a thorough research explanation, and relations to what we’ve learned in class about selection. Perfect analogy with the tiger! Ran a bit long, but overall five stars

5. Jessica says:

The drawings follow what is being said very well. Your video does a great job with balancing the information and proper visual aids.

6. Laura says:

Great explanation and easy to follow. I liked the conciseness too!

7. Alvaro says:

Good metaphor! It was hard to read some of the words. Good job though!

8. Rachel says:

The metaphor definitely made the information much more engaging and easy to follow. The visuals definitely for what was being voiced over, but could have been in a little bit better lighting.

9. Alex says:

I liked the metaphor. Many of your drawings went by too fast though, and I had to rely on the narration for the info.

10. Mary says:

This video was interesting and the example made the ideas easy to understand

11. Andrew says:

I really like how you guys broke down some of the more complex concepts of the study by relating them to simple examples. This made the experiment easy to understand and follow.

12. Rachel says:

I think that the white board was a good way to illustrate this.

13. Faith says:

Loved how you tied it in with real life. Made it much easier to understand

14. Rimaz says:

I liked the metaphor a lot, and I also really liked how the whole video was on the whiteboard, it made it all flow together really nicely!

15. Sarah says:

The video was paced very well and the metaphor used made the study easy to understand.

16. Morgan says:

The analogy that you used in the video really helps to get the point across. I think that the whiteboard was an awesome way of incorporating illustrations and y’all did a great job explaining

17. Diana says:

Loved the analogy with the tiger, and it related to course modules really well!

18. Jin Ho says:

I liked the analogy making the topic much easier to understand!

19. Kodi says:

The analogy used was actually perfect and spot on. The images are well placed and add to my understanding. I was engaged and enjoyed the video

20. Kodi says:

21. kokoye7 says:

Very good video. I liked the analogy

22. Madison says:

Great video! Maybe less words and more pictures written on the board would’ve helped with the speed of the drawings.

23. Samantha says:

The examples and analogies were really funny and helped make the information stick. Great job!

24. Zachary says:

I liked the tiger example detailed in the beginning. Good work.

25. Zachary says:

The metaphor was great, and it didn’t take away from the pertinent information. The audio quality could be improved a bit but otherwise it was great.

26. Ananya says:

The video was very entertaining and I really liked how the drawings matched what was being said perfectly. It was also very informative. Great video!

27. Simran says:

I thought the visuals were very simple and easy to follow. I thought the metaphor was really color. For video aesthetic, don’t have someone’s jacket sleeve showing in the video. It is unappealing to the viewer. Your voice was very clear; however, include more changes in pitch throughout the video. Job well done!

28. Carl says:

video and narration go so well together

29. Megan says:

The visuals were really simple and worked really well with what you were trying to say. It was easy to follow and interesting to watch, and the example you used to set it up was perfect and definitely held my attention.

30. Madison says:

The explanations were very simplified yet thorough, which really helped in understanding the topic.

31. Monica says:

Using the same example with the tiger throughout the video was very useful and helped to easier understand the concepts.

32. Caroline says:

The drawings an lighting changes were sometimes distracting from the voice of the narrator. However, the content of the video was spot-on.

33. Carly says:

I really like your use of metaphors to explain the topic! I also like that you were able to divide up the narrations amongst your group members for more equal participation, it really helps to keep the video from being too monotonous.

34. Savannah says:

The words on the visuals were kind of difficult to see, but overall, it was a good video!

35. Jacob says:

I liked the idea of using a white board for this, but there were a few words that were hard to read. The man-eating tiger analogy was an interesting way of explaining it.

36. Tho says:

Good illustrations, and well timed. Could’ve used background music to spice it up. Some of the words were difficult to read.

37. Ariana says:

very entertaining! good job overall

38. Marcjamal says:

Great video! very clean and interesting!

39. uhernandez3 says:

Nice video with concise information. Although some narration went a little fast it was still understandable.

40. Roxana says:

I really enjoyed the analogy used with the two people and the zoo; it allowed the biology concept to be understood extremely well, especially if your audience had not been familiar with the background of antibiotic resistance before.

41. David says:

Your use of visuals was masterful, especially with regard to your use of a triple Venn diagram. Awesome structure, great content. Good job!