Group 8 Cellular Stress Response due to Species Interaction

(1)

Alex R. Gunderson, Emily E. King, Kirsten Boyer, Brian Tsukimura, Jonathon H. Stillman; Species as Stressors: Heterospecific Interactions and the Cellular Stress Response under Global Change, Integrative and Comparative Biology, Volume 57, Issue 1, 1 July 2017, Pages 90–102, https://doi.org/10.1093/icb/icx019

(2)

Brien ML, Lang JW, Webb GJ, Stevenson C, Christian KA (2013) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Agonistic Behaviour in Juvenile Crocodilians. PLoS ONE8(12): e80872. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0080872

(3)

S. Solomon, D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K.B. Averyt, M. Tignor, H.L. Miller (Eds.), Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2007), p. 996  (Increase in  mean ocean interior temperature per decade, by >0.1°C since 1961)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Group 8 Cellular Stress Response due to Species Interaction

1. John says:

Very good project! I loved the crab drawings

2. Nylah says:

I had the same topic so this was cool to watch from different perspective. I like the “crabby” pun in the beginning. I like how you all incorporated extra background information for the audience to further understand the study. Only critique would be making sure to not stumble during voice over and to match the video with the information being presented; specifically when discussing the focal crab being crushed to extract the RNA. I only understood the visual image because I had this study. But good job I like the moving crabs 🙂

3. Kayla says:

I enjoyed the humor added. I also think you were very clear with your annunciations which made the visual descriptions easier to understand. I feel like there could have been more of an intro to what you were going to talk about though.

4. Alianna says:

I really liked your drawings and the example with the crabs moving around to show what was going on. I think an introduction to the experiment before showing the interaction between the crabs would have been more helpful, but you explained it later on in the video.

5. Madison says:

drawing on the whiteboard turned out really well — the drawing of what happened during the experiment was great

6. Amanda says:

The drawings were so good and the audio is really clear and easy to follow!

7. Pratima says:

The visuals were very clear, and you guys were easy to understand. Great video!

8. Arfa says:

I like the illustrations and the information was presented very clearly, especially through the graphs. Nice work!

9. Kaitlyn says:

I love the mix of media used in your video, it definitely helped keep me interested. One critique would be to have more of a flow between your narration, but honestly that’s just being picky. You guys did a great job!

10. Jessica says:

I liked that y’all provided definitions in the beginning. I also liked the drawings. They helped visually portray the argument of the video.

11. Elizabeth says:

I liked the story telling style that you used

12. Irene says:

I love how you presented everything in the video! The drawings and crabs were very creative and cute! The whiteboard drawings helped with the explanation of the method.

13. Robert says:

The pictures were nice to look at while listening to the audio, but I think there needed to be a better introduction to the information and more definitions on the words used, as some of them came and went quickly

14. Darrell says:

I thought that the visuals were creative and well matched with the information. The narration was also well done, and you tied in content from class well also. I thought you could have explained a little more about the experiment in the beginning.

15. Tarab says:

I love the mix of the different kinds of visuals in this project, especially with the crabs.

16. Ashmita says:

The visuals pull the video and information together very well!

17. Kristine says:

The pictures on the pencils at the beginning and end is such a creative way to visualize your study. Also, the voiceovers are really clear. The only thing I would do is maybe add an introduction because the video just jumps right in.

18. Mary says:

This was very informative and really well drawn out. The illustrations really helped connect the information together.

19. Joselyn says:

The crab drawings moving really helped make the concept being presented clearer! Overall great video.

20. Bencao says:

I loved the video and the creativity used. It has really great visuals. Great work!

21. James says:

The visuals complemented the voiceover which was also well done.

22. Lisa says:

I really liked the moving crabs in the intro and near the end. The whiteboard drawings as concepts were being explained were very helpful in establishing understanding. Great job!

23. Youngjoon says:

Great video overall. The beginning was very cute. However, it seems like you did not edit the automated closed captions. Many of the words from the captions did not match up with what was said.

24. Youngjoon says:

25. Kelly says:

The video was well made! The intro was cute and engaging yet informative, and the rest of the video gave a good explanation of the research. The diagrams drawn were also very detailed and clear.

26. Mary Claire says:

I LOVE how you actually drew the experiment out (the crabs located in the different containers). This helped me to actual visualize the actual experiment instead of just hearing it. Furthermore, writing down the definitions in this case was actual useful in that you were discussing them while going over them.

27. Yanghang says:

Really good work! The moving crabs are really funny and the hand drawing figures are really helpful and give lots of information.

28. Shashwati says:

The explanation was easy to follow and I like the usage of the moving crabs to illustrate the real-world relevance. Great job on the experimental setup too. Listing all the definitions at once made them hard to remember though.

29. Daniel says:

Very informative and easy to understand. Good use of crab drawings to add humor.

30. Isabelle says:

Illustrations and visuals were very well done, but more of an introduction is needed

31. Sho says:

I really like how you guys made it funny. The drawings of the crab were adorable. Good job guys

32. Amiel says:

This video was pretty informative. The whiteboard drawings made things very clear to understand, and the crab puppets were a fun addition!

33. Taylor says:

Great job clearly explaining the information in a way it was easy to understand!! Also, loved the “crabby” pun! Great Job!!

34. Seenam says:

I loved how you used crab puppets. It was really cute. A really informative well planned video!

35. Jalen says:

I appreciated how the narration took time detailing out the steps of the experiment. As well, the ongoing dynamic of two crabs in two different zones contributed nicely to the overall meaning.

36. William says:

The illustrations throughout the video really helped with understanding the concepts presented. It was well presented, and highly informative

37. Eric says:

Using illustrations to aid the explanations help a lot to understand your topic. The narration was good and very informational.

38. Eric says:

Good job with the video. The drawings were very helpful with trying to understand the video.

39. Sreedhanya says:

The visuals and the style with which the information was delivered made the video captivating and fun to watch.

40. Maxwell says:

Art design was fantastic. The little bit of humor keeps people engaged.

41. Elizabeth says:

Very good visuals and very interesting to watch! Great job!

42. Victoria says:

The crab interaction and humor made the video very engaging. The narration was clear and easy to follow. Good job!

43. Lauren says:

The beginning with the crab puppets was very cute! The white board illustrations of the experiment made it much easier to understand as well.

44. Inhee says:

The visuals were intriguing and the whiteboard drawings were helpful in delivering the information!

45. Vamsish says:

The drawings were well done, and the information was well presented. I thought the video conveyed a lot of enthusiasm about the topic.

46. Ana says:

“get a little crabby” I love that! The information was relayed nicely and fun things here and there helped keep the audience hooked

47. Andrew says:

The well-done drawings did a ton in helping my understand the topic. Great video!

48. Ria says:

The drawing were so cute- made the video fun to watch!

49. Subin says:

I think the beginning of the video with the drawings of the grabs made the information easier to understand.

50. Riley says:

The demonstration using crab puppets was entertaining, and the charts were clearly explained.