Group #19: A Look Inside The Genomic History of Aboriginal Australia

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Group #19: A Look Inside The Genomic History of Aboriginal Australia

1. Black Natalie says:

The Aboriginal Australians’ genomes pointed to multiple dispersals throughout Africa, or just a single major out-of-Africa period? Not very clear. Clear connections to course topics, such as genetic drift and gene flow and evolution. Many words (maybe different human populations) that were not defined. This caused some confusion, but context clues told me what they meant. I like the open ending, maybe suggesting that there should be further research on different populations. Good drawings, good video.

2. Mavris Sophia says:

I find this topic really interesting and I think the speaker did a really good job of presenting the material. However, the speed of the speaking is a little too fast and caused me to not quite hear what was said. I think this video was a good representation of the material!

3. Groves Daniel says:

The speaker spoke too fast for me to catch all of the material. A lot of words were mentioned that the viewer probably wouldn’t have known.

4. Herath Dinushka says:

I liked the video and pictures, but I found it unnecessary to just draw question marks over and over again. The narrator was speaking too fast. For the last tree showing mixing of eurasians and aboriginals, I wished you had more clearly labeled it.

5. Dowling Margaret says:

I really enjoyed this video! The graphics were very helpful and the topic was very interesting! I thought this team did a great job demonstrating their understanding of the investigation and made it easy for me to understand it as well!

6. Olaniran Peace says:

I enjoyed the video and the narrators, but I feel like the narrators could have talked a little slower because it was hard to keep up with the information given. The illustrations helped to explain the information given and it corresponded with the story-line. I love how the experiment was set up and the results that resulted because of the mixing of the Denisovan populations. Altogether it was a wonderful presentation.

7. Su Steven says:

Good video. Clear audio and well done visuals. A lot of the things you used were clearly related back to this class. Video had a really good flow and script was really well written so it had a beginning, middle, and conclusion.

8. Kyzer Amelia says:

i liked the idea to use the white board for the drawings,howver the narration and the drawings did not always quite match up and sometimes it was a little hard to follow the narration because it was fast.

9. Ghalayini Sarah says:

I liked the use of the white board, and how detailed some of the drawings were. The audio at the beginning was a little fast, but the video did a great job explaining the material!

10. Koo Jun says:

It’s an ok video overall. The rapidity of your speech makes it feel like the information presented is one huge block of information; I didn’t have time to process any of the info presented because by then you’d be talking about something else. The drawings did help me follow the video somewhat and the open ended question at the end did make the video feel like it had reached a proper conclusion.

11. Ogan Soseimiebi says:

This video was very impressive, even though it did not have fancy music. The information was given in a clear, orderly and engaging way, through the use of speech and the diagrams and drawings , which were absolutely fantastic. I really enjoyed this video and was able to gain a lot of information. The drawings were very detailed and delivered in an artistic and creative way. This helped me to fully understand the content.

12. Zou Qing says:

I do not think the narrator spoke too fast. It is easy to understand and easy to catch up too. I agree some drawings are not necessary, such as question marks.

13. Meyer Alexander says:

The narrator was very well spoken and the illustrations were very well drawn. The pacing was a little too quick, leading to a lot of information being thrown at the reader; the information should be either more succinct or more simple. Otherwise, the content was very interesting and the video well done!

14. Madeline Lazar says:

The visuals were very descriptive and explain the concepts clearly. The video was paced a little bit too fast. The information was presented in a very easy to understand way, and overall the video was very well done.

15. Watson Kimberly says:

The drawings were really good and made it really easy to follow along with the narration. The drawing of the DNA sequencing was really awesome and was a good way to show a lot of the topics discussed.

16. Kim Samuel says:

There was an extremely large amount of material covered in this video, so the speaker spoke understandably fast to cover it all; it was, however, a little bit difficult for me to understand the first time through. However, I thought the drawings looked very detailed, and the overall structure and layout of the presentation was very solid.

17. O'brien-Russell Charlotte says:

Sometimes the narrator talked too quickly so the video was hard to follow. Furthermore, the time lapse of the drawings also went too quickly. The drawings; however, were very detailed and well done. The video in general was very informative.

18. Reeves Olivia says:

The video was very good at getting the point across, while it is all a little quick that can be forgiven because of the sheer amount of information the group went through. Great illustrations that were informative and matched up with what the speaker was saying at the time. Overall great job!

19. Kouba Amelie says:

Be careful about the matching up of voice overs and videos, but very informative. It was a very interesting topic and you guys did a good job in highlighting that. Speaker was clear and the speed of the speaking was good. Well done!

20. Glover Blake says:

Very detailed drawing that really drew in the viewer and made it more engaging. However, I though the narrator spoke a little too quick and used many words that I was unsure of their meaning. There were times when the drawings and narration weren’t completely synched but overall a job well done.

21. Lever Alice says:

The relation to the evolution unit by referencing things such as gene flow and allele frequency and such was a nice review. The only thing I would change would be the speaker’s pace. It was a bit difficult to really understand everything being said.

22. Vear Isabella says:

I really enjoyed this video the information was clear and the audio was very well recorded. The visuals helped me understand and were fun and entertaining keeping me paying attention. The video went a little too fast is my one complaint (and they used a lot of bigger words that they didn’t define that I feel like make the video a little harder to understand at times). Over all though, good job!

23. Born Adam says:

This is some of the clearest and most comprehensive narration I’ve heard. The speed and volume is perfect. All definitions are clearly defined and explained. The visuals supplement the narration making the video even better.

24. Stratton Lauren says:

This video presented the information very well! My group also had this article, and we had a difficult time figuring out how to present the content in simple terms. The drawings helped get the points across easily. Great job!

25. Taylor Micah says:

The information presented was very good, but the speaker was a little too fast to be easily understood. The drawings were helpful to understanding, but some seemed to simplistic to actually give much information.

26. smortley3 says:

This video did a good job of presenting the information with visuals and breaking down the important points, but the speaker moved a little too quickly for me to understand everything. Overall great video and good drawings!

27. Courtney Queen says:

The speaker moved a little too quickly, but overall, the video was nice and the drawings were done well! The information would have been easier to understand if the speaker had spoken a little more slowly.

28. Kulkarni Amrut says:

Incredibly interesting topic! All info was conveyed clearly and I think more people should know about the origins of the Australian aborigines.

29. Megan McLaurin says:

God job connecting the article to the course topics. I wonder if they have ever looked into the natives of New Zealand as well? I think that would be interesting.
    I think you did a great job with the whiteboard, however at times, there was too much information on the screen at one time. Other than that great job

30. Garg Pallavi says:

At time the voiceover moved a bit too fast for the drawings, which made following along a little difficult. However, overall this was an effective video at explaining the results of the experiment.

31. Crane-Moscowitz Kenneth says:

There were points when what you were speaking about outpaced the video. I appreciated your use of images. Overall, you do a good job of walking through the experiment and describing the results.

32. Park Cassie says:

The visuals were pretty appealing, I liked how there was movement involved and they connected to what you were talking about pretty well. The speaker was a bit fast, but still very clear and easy to understand (your voice reminds me of John Green at times). The content was covered thoroughly and the lay out was logical. Well done.

33. Perry Timothy says:

Very easy to understamd and all the information was communicated well, not to mention cute drawings. Really good job.

34. Mendoza Franco says:

This video makes a connection to the viewers from the beginning by talking about previous knowledge. It keeps this connection throughout the whole video using great animations and explaining the topic on understandable terms.